Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moby vents...


MOBY WHINES>>>


“Some people seem to like me and some people seem to hate my guts, which is strange. I mean, it’s a very strange phenomenon being hated by people you’ve never met,” said the song and dance man. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me that I can inspire such loathing in people I’ve never met.”

So at the latest SXSW 2008...i recieved the pleasure of meeting the MAGNIFICENT MOBY. Well, err...he was somewhat magnificent, but more so the best way to describe him would be : JUST MOBY.

Moby is an iconic figure in the dance scene. Who can deny that shining bald beauty we can spot from a mile away, coupled with the ubiquitous black horn rim glasses that take him to another level of nerdism. Ah...Moby. 

But I don't mean to put him on blast. I've seen him rip the turntables (although I was more into  Jack Daniels at that time), i've seen him play the guitar at the Fader party to honor Lil Reed...and most of all, I've seen him chill. Just chill.

For the most part, Moby seems like a pretentious prick. A douchebag. But that's because he looks too good, too smart, too elite to be in the 'industry'


The fact is. Moby got his name from Moby Dick

and he will always be associated as a Dick. 

But overall, when i talked to him...he was a bit pretentious, slightly unwarranted in mannerisms, and a tad too standoffish; but I enjoyed his company.  Heres to a 'whale' of a DJ...



No comments: